Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Staer

• [WoW] Soldier
Planetside 2
« on: December 19, 2012, 11:57:09 AM »
Anyone playing this yet?  It's free if you want to give it a try.  I'm playing New Conglomerate on the Jaeger server atm.  Characters name is Fairadan.
Where do you fall on the Fatness Continuum?
<Chubby__Fat__Obese__Morbidly Obese__Whale______________________________________________Staer>

Offline Wrackthar

• Administrator
  • More caffeine is the solution to every problem.
Re: Planetside 2
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 10:14:43 PM »
The game is pretty fun, but my PC is struggling running it.  I'll get okay FPS when nothing's going on but when the action heats up the FPS plummets.  I mean, I'm using a system I built in '08 so it's not a huge surprise, but PS2 definitely requires a newer CPU to excel.  I'm playing this off and on and playing a lot of FTL right now.  I'm playing NC on Mattherson with the goons for now, but I have a VS character on Connery also (but my ping isn't as good so it's getting less playtime).

Now is a good time to get into PS2.  There's a deal for triple station cash on Dec 21st (works on gift cards too, and the $15 wal-mart card gets you a bonus 500SC, so you can get 3x2000SC for 15 bucks if you feel like going to WM), and there's a week and a half of Double XP happening starting on the 21st as well.

The game is a lot like a massive Tribes game, except that the gunplay more closely resembles a modern title like BF3.  Being similar to BF3 is a downside in my opinion but I'm also not sure something that relies on so much player movement and dodging and long fights would be appropriate for a massive game like this.  The respawns are fast and the vehicles are good, however, and while sometimes I die in half a second and think it was bullshit, I also sometimes kill someone who was looking the wrong way and I'm sure they thought the same thing.  There's lots of stuff to do and teaming up with people makes you more effective (as it should be), so it's pretty great.

Here's some videos:
Air Goons video:

A Liberator Love Song:

Giraffe camo on a vanu light assault:

Crazy Prowler video:

I wish my game was as smooth/good looking as it is in most of these videos!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:21:58 PM by Wrackthar »

Offline Bodaciuos

• [WoW] Soldier
Re: Planetside 2
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 06:33:32 AM »
I have been playing for 2 weeks.

It is a lot of fun!

And, cannot go wrong with FREE!

I am on Terra Republic, Matherson server.