Author Topic: ENTROPY - Star Wars The Old Republic  (Read 14966 times)

Offline Agentbob

• Really Really Old
  • Guild Leader
  • Really, Really Awesome.
ENTROPY - Star Wars The Old Republic
« on: November 19, 2011, 09:43:52 AM »
As many of you already know, Entropy is now forming for the new Star Wars The Old Republic MMO.  This is our largest ever coordinated venture into another game outside of World of Warcraft.  We want to let all past and present members of Entropy know that we have decided to extend Entropy beyond just World of Warcraft and into another game.  If you happen to be interested in joining up with some of your old friends, feel free to login to www.swtor.com and create an account.

As of right now we have a Bioware-issued official guild forum given to us for free. This forum requires you to have a Star Wars The Old Republic account and apply to the guild.  Be aware that once Star Wars The Old Republic is released, this “free” forums site will go away forever, and the classic Entropy site will be expanded.  The Bioware site is given to guilds to form early and help keep friends & family together.  This free site also allows us to auto form our guild once the game is released.  If you’re now in the Entropy SWtor Guild, you will see our server when you log into the game for the first time.

Star Wars The Old Republic Entropy will begin with the same mindset we had when the guild was formed.  Entropy is and will always be an adult oriented environment and will follow the same rules and regulations we have in the WoW Guild.  We want to keep the same successful, casual friendly guild we’ve always had in the past with little or no drama. We expect our members to act respectful and mature.

The Star Wars guild will also follow the same structure as we have in WoW.  We will be setting up on a PVE Server and a part of the Empire faction.  One change we did make was to set the server up on an East Coast Time Zone, though this matters little for anything other then raiding times.

We will be expanding the WoW Entropy forums soon to allow our Star Wars guild to communicate.  I have been working with the forum administrator/owner (Quidel) to help with setting up the forums.  Quidel and I have had a lot of communication over the last week, working out ways for Entropy to move on beyond just WoW and expand into other games.  Star Wars The Old Republic will be the first step into such ventures.  We plan on having more announcements soon on this.  Stay Tuned!

Star Wars The Old Republic releases on December 20th.   With early start for pre-orders starting on the 15th.  We will be working vigorously to help set this up for everyone who wants to join up for some fun and to continue Entropy traditions into another galaxy.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.  

Remember, Lightsabers are like bacon. They make everything better.  

May the Swartz be with you! (Except Yama)
                              -Agentbob-

~edited by confidence to fix the the guild forum URL.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 09:14:38 AM by Confidence »

Offline Phoolish

• [WoW] Soldier
Re: ENTROPY - Star Wars The Old Republic
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 11:55:37 AM »
Is it under Entropy as the name?

I will set you as an ally to the guild I already set up so we can be on same server.

Offline unclejunk

• [SWTOR] Officer
  • I have a big bag of crabs
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 03:06:27 PM »
Yep, we're Entropy

Offline Ryvar

• [WoW] Soldier
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 10:21:41 PM »
Hi Agentbob,

I have had many friends bugging me to get on board with this as well so will have just created an account and will join with a few buddies as well.  Thanks for setting this up and looking forward to continuing the Entropy Legacy in SWTOR!  Also just as we 6 years ago started guilding way back in Vanilla WoW, it will be great to hook up with you again in a new game!

Once the actual game is out, do let us know which server to log in on.  I am so clueless that I do not even know if there is a Good and Evil side like Alliance and Horde so let us know that information too so we log into the right faction to join Entropy.  Hoping you will let abut 4-5 real life friends of mine join as well. 

Take care and see you in Star Wars soon!  My Display Name is Ryvarr with 2 r's.  Not in Beta but will preorder and log in first week.

Cheers,

Ryvar

Offline Phoolish

• [WoW] Soldier
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 12:32:23 PM »
Aight added Entropy as an ally to J I V E. Look forward to being able to group with you guys in another game.

Offline Ryvar

• [WoW] Soldier
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 01:57:51 AM »
Hi Agentbob,

If we have room can you add the following guilds as Allies and Adversaries.  Many players are from Hellscream from a guild named Vanguard that now does not exist anymore. 

Ally - DoH - Defenders of Honor  Leader:  azshanta

Adversary:  Eternal Vanguard   Leader:  Belimast

I believe they have already added you so you may have to accept or add them quick!  Cheers,

Ryvar

Offline Tavion

• [WoW] Soldier
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 06:27:14 PM »
You  can only have a combo of 3 guilds, either 2 allies, 1 enemy guild. or 2 enemy guilds and 1 ally. I think Bob already picked the guilds that the guild is against and allied with.

Offline Agentbob

• Really Really Old
  • Guild Leader
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 07:32:08 AM »
You  can only have a combo of 3 guilds, either 2 allies, 1 enemy guild. or 2 enemy guilds and 1 ally. I think Bob already picked the guilds that the guild is against and allied with.

this is correct. I picked a ally and enemy guilds who i hope would get us on a higher population server. I picked the ones with a large ammount of members in hopes we wouldn't get slammed into a crappy server. Once the game takes off I should be able to adjust our allies and enemys.

Offline Agentbob

• Really Really Old
  • Guild Leader
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 07:34:17 AM »
As we get closer to beta weekend start. I will try and log into the game asap and see if the auto guild thing is working for this weekend. If not I will post here what server I will be setting the guilding on for this weekends beta. If the server SITH MEDITATION SPHERE is still on the list. I will try and go there if not, I will post here asap.

<3

looking forward to see some of you on today and tomorrow.

Offline Agentbob

• Really Really Old
  • Guild Leader
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »
I AM ON SERVER

THE LEVIATHAN

Offline Agentbob

• Really Really Old
  • Guild Leader
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 09:13:33 AM »
my character is Fistandantilus

Offline Confidence

• confibro
  • [WoW] Officer
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 09:15:32 AM »
downloading the beta now. shouldn't be too long.

Offline Agentbob

• Really Really Old
  • Guild Leader
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »
Long Q for the leviathan server. Let me know whos actually playing, i've not seen a sole yet.....

Offline unclejunk

• [SWTOR] Officer
  • I have a big bag of crabs
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »
Abu and I are on candorus ordo or something like that.  That was the server my other characters were on from the last test.

Offline Taurenamos

• [SWTOR] Shocktroop
  • Product of radioactive bird feed.
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 01:22:46 PM »
Yeah, I made a toon on Leviathan only to see like a 2 hour queue the next day (which wasn't the worst since I saw one that was listing as over 1 day queue time), so I picked a random server low down on the list which I can't remember off the top of my head. It's only beta-testing, so no big whoop if we don't meet up yet.

I'm trying out an IA which is starting to get more interesting. I mean, the story-line has been pretty good the whole way, and I finally acquired a companion, which makes everything easier. I soloed Black Talon with the companion--only took me like 2 hours to figure out the strategies to use to beat everything and mastering controlling the companion.

Still not sure what I'll be rolling at launch, but I'm sure all of the stories are well done, so I'll prolly be leveling a few simultaneously.  :D