Author Topic: ENTROPY - Star Wars The Old Republic  (Read 14767 times)

Offline Zurth

• [SWTOR] Officer
Re: ENTROPY - Star Wars The Old Republic
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 07:30:32 PM »
I didn't get on leviathan because of the queues so I just picked another server and tried a bunch of different characters.  I tried the Imperial Agent and liked it a lot more than I expected, and I almost got hooked on the Bounty Hunter; I bet I end up with a mercenary alt sometime.  In the end I think I decided I'll roll an Inquisitor and go sorcerer; I might even heal. :p

Of course, this is all assuming that I can overcome the great deal of cognitive dissonance that I feel towards not rolling republic; fuck being the bad guy all the time.

Offline Taurenamos

• [SWTOR] Shocktroop
  • Product of radioactive bird feed.
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 02:01:37 PM »
Of course, this is all assuming that I can overcome the great deal of cognitive dissonance that I feel towards not rolling republic; fuck being the bad guy all the time.

Whoa...I thought the Empire were the good guys.  I mean, they have an awesome jingle and everything: 800-588-2300...Empire!

Offline Abudan

• [WoW] Shocktroop
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 02:20:44 PM »
I was going to roll IA but i dont really like the duck for cover mechanic. I tried it last weekend test and didn't like it. I tried it again last night and compared to BH it just doesn't work for me. So i will probably start with a BH. but like everyone else i'm sure ill have multiple alts. I got my BH to 21 and went healing spec. I have to say that it is just super fun to target your team mates and pew pew them to heal.

Offline Bokbaby

• [SWTOR] Soldier
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 06:36:20 AM »
Lol, I need to check the boards more often. Well I played all weekend and couldn't figure out why searching for Entropy got nothing, till now. Well I made an IA on the Sith Meditation server. I also tried JK and SI, but did not play them near as long as the IA.

I leveled my IA/sniper upto 23, and I must say that the class that I was least interested in rolling at launch, really surprised me. Cause it was a blast! I agree with abu at times the duck mechanic was a little wacky, but overall I really enjoyed it. I played mostly balanced as far as light/dark went. But, towards the end of the beta I really swung him towards dark, even bedded me a Sith Lord before it was done :)

I will say at lvl 19 late Saturday night, my need to play a lightsaber class couldn't be withheld any longer. I rolled my JK and was pissed at myself for getting all the way to 16 before finally saying stop. Once I got the lightsaber I couldn't stop playing lol. But, I went the route of sentinel and it was a major blast as well.

And then 2 hours before servers went offline I made a SI, only got to about lvl 7. But, the talk about lightning protruding from your fingers, is every bit correct! Awesome!

Only thing I really didn't care for (besides character creation, whole other story) was upon grouping. The times I grouped up, it was very, very laggy. Almost not tolerable. Not sure about anyone else, but it was really bad for me.

See you all on the 20th. And I will check here more often for a correct server destination lol.   

Offline Destruir

• [SWTOR] Officer
  • Cacus
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 06:38:15 PM »

You better overcome it Zurth! Might as well say "fuck being the cool guy all the time."

Empire has lightning while republic gets to throw rocks. Empire has Darth Malgus!!!!! while republic has some chick. Empire has 007 while republic has...smugglers.

Plus, if you really want to be the good guy you still can. Deathrose was doing the light side and you really do some nice/good stuff for people.

Offline Zurth

• [SWTOR] Officer
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 10:17:27 PM »

You better overcome it Zurth! Might as well say "fuck being the cool guy all the time."

Empire has lightning while republic gets to throw rocks. Empire has Darth Malgus!!!!! while republic has some chick. Empire has 007 while republic has...smugglers.

Plus, if you really want to be the good guy you still can. Deathrose was doing the light side and you really do some nice/good stuff for people.

I have not been around these parts for awhile and it is possible that you have forgotten... So let's get this straight right now: I am always cool, 100% of the time.  I can dig up ancient fucking forum posts that prove it.  If I want to throw lethal rocks of insane-mega-death at people, I'll do it, and when I do it I'll do it cool.

Plus, Darth I've-Never-Heard-Of has absolutely nothing on smugglers.  If someone asks you if you would like to be Harrison Ford circa 30 years ago, you say YES.  If someone asks you if you would like to have a fucked-up face and a loose association with Darth Maul complete with an "I-wish-I-was-half-as-cool-as-Darth-Vader complex," you say NO.

But I'll roll my bright red Sith Inquisitor, and I'll "become one with the light side" (here's hoping that leads to "becoming one" with that republic chick), and I'll throw my god damn lightning bolts of peace, joy, and harmony, and they'll be fucking awesome.

So yeah.  Now I'll return to being silent and I'll wait patiently for the time when I get to decide if this game is really worth all the fuss.

Offline Bokbaby

• [SWTOR] Soldier
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 09:20:24 AM »

LOL, Zurth how I have missed you so! :)

Offline Malmagus

• [SWTOR] Officer
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 07:54:04 PM »
Did the Free SWTOR site get shut down now that the guilds are "locked"?

I've ordered the game from a while back and have 3 other friends joining. I should be in on day 1 or 2 of early access.  Do we have the actual logistics planned yet?

There's a plan in place, however, is Bob in on day 1 of early access at 8 am (or whatever)?

Offline unclejunk

• [SWTOR] Officer
  • I have a big bag of crabs
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 09:34:49 PM »
Abu ordered a CE on the opening day of preorders.  He'll get on day one, 1st person to post the server wins.

Offline Taurenamos

• [SWTOR] Shocktroop
  • Product of radioactive bird feed.
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 11:13:31 PM »

Wins what? A starring role in one of UJ's pre-raid jokes??

Offline Agentbob

• Really Really Old
  • Guild Leader
  • Really, Really Awesome.
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 05:59:34 AM »
Did the Free SWTOR site get shut down now that the guilds are "locked"?

I've ordered the game from a while back and have 3 other friends joining. I should be in on day 1 or 2 of early access.  Do we have the actual logistics planned yet?

There's a plan in place, however, is Bob in on day 1 of early access at 8 am (or whatever)?

The free site was locked and you can post on the forums but I can not invite or add any new members. The free site will go away soon after launch but we've considered this, that's why you see this site changing. Quidel is working on our SWToR Forums.

There's a plan but it's really up in the air. It really depends on who get first access to early release. I will post here if I get on first. I took the day of early release off work, so I will be able to log in and see which server we get put on. If you have friends who want to join, they can, but their going to have to wait for us to figure out what Bioware is doing with the guild set ups. I will be posting here and on the SW forums like a mother fucker as soon as I know where we are set on. Bioware SHOULD auto set the guild on a server. Though that never worked correctly though out beta.

As of right now, no one knows whats going on with early access. Bioware is supposed to release an email soon letting people know what dates they get early release. I hope, since I'm marked as guildmaster, that they allow me access on the 15th. I pre-ordered about 2 weeks after they started them. Bioware has said they will let pre-orders in, in the order they bought them. So we'll see.

Offline Agentbob

• Really Really Old
  • Guild Leader
  • Really, Really Awesome.
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 06:02:08 AM »
Abu ordered a CE on the opening day of preorders.  He'll get on day one, 1st person to post the server wins.

That's good news. If Abu gets on first he will have to let us know what the hell is going on. 7 days to early start and I've still got to download the client again. I had to uninstall because I had a really old beta version. No new install has been given out, yet.

Offline Wrong

• [WoW] Officer
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 06:32:10 AM »
From a post on the main forums:

In preparation for the official release of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we wanted to make sure that everyone has the correct game client installed on their machine.

If you participated in our Game Testing Program before November 25th, we recommend that you uninstall the game testing client (refer to instructions below) and then download and install the launch game client. We’ll update this post with more instructions when they’re available. You will need 27GB of free space to install the launch game client. The actual size of the game client is approximately 19GB (without additional languages installed).

If you have played in our game testing program at any point from November 25th onwards, you will not need to re-install the game client, as you should already have the launch version installed.

To verify that you have the launch version installed, you can check for the "assets_swtor_main" version file in the following location on your computer: \Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic (assuming default installation). If you have that file present, you do not need to reinstall the game client.

With that said, some users may notice that their game client folder is much larger than 27 GB on their system. This may be due to having redundant files from previous versions of the client. If you need to clear up space, we recommend completely uninstalling the client and downloading and installing the launch game client. Again, we’ll update this post with more instructions when they’re available.

To Uninstall the Game Client:
Click on the Start bar and open up your "Control Panel."
Under "Programs" select "Uninstall a Program" (Windows 7) or "Add or Remove Programs" (Windows XP).
Select "Star Wars – The Old Republic."
Right Click on the title and select "Uninstall" (Windows 7) or "Remove" (Windows XP).
Follow all the uninstall steps to remove the game from the PC.
Make sure the following directories no longer exists (or are empty):
-C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic
-C:\Program Files (x86)\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic

Note: If you do not see an entry for Star Wars – The Old Republic in your program list, please try the following...
Click on the Start bar and open up Computer.
Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\BioWare\
Locate the "Uninstall Star Wars – The Old Republic.exe" file and launch it.
Follow all the uninstall steps, listed above, to remove the game from the PC.

For more information or if you have questions, please visit our FAQ.

Offline Knaw

• [WoW] Soldier
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 07:17:30 AM »
For them to ask their customers to download a 19GB file in todays world of pay-per-usage is just ludicrous.  ???
"I think I am, therefore, I am. I think." -GC

Offline Abudan

• [WoW] Shocktroop
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 08:12:56 AM »
I am pretty sure I will get in on day one of early access. I am waiting for more information to come out regarding this. ie what time the servers will be up. right now i have to work on the 15th but not the 16th(i have court for my divorce in the morning of the 16th). i have enough time off I could call in sick on the 15th if i really wanted to. i will just wait and see though.